UK and the UN
- The tipping point? UNA-UK’s latest magazine takes stock of our global system.
- Bringing coordinated relief to the people of Syria : Statement by Ambassador Karen Pierce, UK Permanent Representative to the UN, at the Security Council briefing on Syria.
- Brussels warns the UK will suffer more from lack of EU trade deal. Teresa May’s former Brexit aide has said that Johnson can bag an EU trade deal by 2020 if he avoids Teresa May’s mistakes.
- The Liberal Democrats’ policy of revoking Article 50 and cancelling Brexit was not “realistic”, Sir Ed Davey has admitted.
- Leading Remain supporter Lord Heseltine has dismissed the prospect of campaigners “fighting on” to stay in the EU after Boris Johnson’s election victory.
- Ursula von der Leyen has warned that a cliff-edge Brexit at the end of 2020 will hurt the UK more than the EU.
Date: 16 January 2020
Time: 15.00- 20.30
Venue: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Charles Clore House, 17 Russell Square, LONDON, WC1B 5JP